Although I felt a bit like a foreigner 8 years ago, when I came to Lymington after living abroad in Greece for so long. I am now in a place where I feel like this is really my other home town that I love so much and this is why I have so much passion to support women in my community, being wealthier in Wellness and health overall!!
If we haven’t met, let me introduce myself!
I’m Varvara and I have over 25 years experience in the health and wellness industry in both Greece and the UK which gives me a unique insight into how different our lifestyles are and what we can learn from each.
However, I now coach women transitioning from an upheaval of life, career, and trying to discover their new life purpose. I help to guide and support women from overwhelm and anxiety to clarity and focus whichever area that lies in. Having been through many changes, postnatal depression and massive overwhelm in my life, my lived-experience brings vital context and compassion to my coaching.
My coaching utilises a whole-life approach. We begin by taking a look at your life and where the imbalances may lie and figure out what really is holding you back from achieving your goals, however big or small, so you can start flying into living a more fulfilled and richer way of living.
My unique blended approach of mind-set and positive intelligence coaching with life-long yoga principles for a greater chance of success and lasting lifestyle changes.
All of this from my home and studio based in the heart of Lymington. Tucked away right in your hometown! If you’d like to know more, pop in and see me at my private, cosy home Wellness Clinic and Yoga studio, or book a free discovery chat on the phone.
Things you may not know about V…
- I’m half Greek half English
- I was breastfed for 3 years🤪
- I’ve had IVF, post natal depression and upheaval overload depression four times.
- I’m a Doula and support Postnatal mothers’
- My other 2 sisters are also qualified yoga teachers
- I worked on cruise liners at the age of 18 travelling The Caribbean and The Mediterranean.
- You’ll find mainly Olive oil bottles in my glass collection box.
- I joined a choir group recently and I love it! – check out Mum’s Rock Choir, Tuesday 9.15-10.15am in New Milton (call 07545 121070 to find out more!)
- I am a qualified theatrical Makeup artist and know how to transform somebody to look bald, old and injured – as well as fabulous, vibrant and gorgeous!
- I love speaking to my Mum on Sunday mornings with a cup of tea in bed.
- My name is Barbara in English
- I speak fluent Greek but speak Grenglish with my whole family. ( Gringlish = mainly English but with the odd Greek sentence and expression thrown in)
- The things that relax me the most is having my hair brushed and my feet rubbed.
- I took homoeopathic remedies only giving birth to both of my children. My 2nd child was born at home in a birthing pool.
- I still have a reply letter from the Queen from my Question at 6 years old of, What did she have for breakfast? – No idea, what she has before you ask, her Lady in Waiting told me she was very busy!
- I’ve met The famous architect Zaha Hadid in person through my Interior design work.
- My secret passion is still life drawing and salsa dancing.
- I’ve always wanted to be a gymnast.
- I have been described as a Greek holistic sea goddess with a twist of English fine china
- I’m particularly good at yoga forearm balances.
Favourite all time go-to yoga poses.
- Standing Forward fold
- Rolling on my back
- Lying down Twists
- Puppy pose
Favourite Challenging ones
- Jump back/forwards to plank, cobra, Down Facing dog.
- Pincha Mayurasana
- Headstand variations
Food you will always see in my kitchen
(Desert island food I couldn’t live without)
- Greek honey
- Organic Cider vinegar with The – Mother
- Big juicy oranges (when in season)
- Raw almonds or cashews
- Feta cheese
- Good quality chocolate
- Fresh tomatoes
- Coconut milk
- My mum’s granola
My ‘ideal’ kick start to health, wellness and mental clarity in 12 weeks would look like this.
- 6 Health and Wellness coaching sessions -re-direction of life/work focus/Life adjustments
- 6 sessions of Yoga overlapping coaching
- 3 x massage/reflexology appointments-relaxation and muscle release
- 3 x Acupuncture appointments-Energy work and pain management
- 3 x Chiropractic appointments-Re-Alignment and adjustments
- 1 x spa day booked with close friends
- 3 x dinner dates
- Unlimited walks in the park, in the forest or by the sea.
- Continual support in my business and home life
What would your IDEAL wellness journey look? What small changes could you make to have some of this happen for you? I’d love to know, and maybe I could help you kickstart the life you want to lead!
If you’re looking to start the journey of mindfulness, a positive life that you’re in control of. Why not get in touch for a 20 minute chat to see how I can slot into your life with my blended coaching approach. I bring a unique blend of British/Greek upbringing, decades of Yoga and Mindfulness Practice and Coaching qualifications to the table to create a bespoke blended coaching program that works mind and body together.
Book your 20 minute friendly chat today: https://calendly.com/varvara-coaching